The first step to identify opportunities to lessen the carbon footprint and reduce the energy expenses in the industrial and commercial real estate is energy audit.
There are four levels of energy audits or levels of analysis – level 0, level I, level II, and level III.
Benefits of energy audit are as follows:
- Lowers energy bills
- Reduces the production cost
- Reduces the dependency on foreign energy sources
- Reduces environmental pollution and damage
- Increases the security of energy supply
- Reduces the consumption of natural resources
- Reduces the sway of greenhouse gas emissions